07.02.17

Tuesday 8th February 2017 –

Today we usually have choir but because the year 1’s are doing their commission show this year they are using the time to go through songs as a group which is understandable. So we went into T0.07 and started working on the props that we need for our TIE project that is taking place in 2 weeks time. Sian and I started painting the clock using acrylic paint. We were talking about whether we should use water or not and I told her that we needed to use water but she was prominent that we don’t use water with acrylics, anyway in end we found out that using water was the correct way to use the paints and so we just agreed together.

I then got out the bed sheet that we are using for our backdrops and decided to lay it out on cardboard considering that we are working in a large space that is used for a lot of various lessons. We used chairs to start with so that we could hold it together but we found out that this didn’t help and just made the sheet dirty, so we reverted to another way and just did sections of the piece at once. We started out by drawing the outline of the pyramids in a notebook just to plan what we were doing and change some things around with what we wanted and what would look best. Sian then drew directly onto the bed sheet with a pencil so we could see what we were painting. We then started to paint the triangles for the pyramids using a light orange colour. We left a gap for the shadowing that we are using a different colour for. We mixed some of the light orange and black which made a darker orange which was perfect for what we wanted to use it for. After we completed the pyramids, sophia left for lunch and Tom, myself and Sian continued to either create the camel heads that we are using in the Eygptian song or painting the sun yellow for the backdrop. Once we finished this we thought about what else we could include and I thought it would be a great idea if we could put a dark sunset onto the background so that it was similar to the picture of the painting that ‘Emryss’ paints. We all agreed as a group and went straight for, red first, dark pink second, orange then finally a bright yellow. Once finished I was so impressed and I really enjoyed doing it so it wasn’t as if the time was going slowly at all. I was a little frustrated that Sophia kept leaving and wasn’t really a huge amount of help to be fair but the rest of the group worked together and we accomplished what we had set out to do. I will show you a picture of the finished dropback below.

Looking at the picture above it doesn’t show you the exact size, it looks so much smaller on the photograph whereas in real life it around 6 of me laying down.

Once the backdrop was finished I wanted to get involved with everything else and so as Tom worked on the taxi and Sian was working on the camels, I plaited some extra bed cloth stripes for the harness that the camels would be wearing and what we are going to paint in different colours to make it more interesting and colourful. I plaited 4 in total.

I decided to started clearing up once I finished everything for the day. I got a black bin bag from the dance studio and cleared away what I could. The four of us, excluding Sophia tidied up the room really well I think. We then showed Erica and she was really impressed.

Here is one finished Camel that Sian spent her time doing today, I really like it. It’s really imaginable and it came together as she’d hope it would.

Thinking about costume ideas, the majority of us have our costume set. However, up until today I hadn’t really decided what I should wear. Therefore, I asked Erica if she would mind bringing in some dresses for me to try on because she had said before she she had a few that I could try that would fit with the production that we are doing.

So she brought in a green and a blue dress that had bicycles on it. I thought they were adorable and I loved them. So I decided to do a catwalk so my group would chose which one I should wear. But, considering that we have to agree as a group they left to get food and so I was left alone and asked the Year 2 acting group if they would choose. They didn’t know but they loved them both. Considering the first thing that we wanted to do was characterise our characters after the film ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks’ this would then mean that I would have to wear the green dress because Scott was already blue and Sian was red/orange. I went to Erica and she decided that I should wear the blue one because it had the bikes on it, it looked cuter than the green one and it fit beautifully. Here are the images of the dresses on me in different angles:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s